Friday, July 9, 2010

14.5 hours

There are 14.5 hours until the start of the walk. Tomorrow by this time, I should be headed toward or crossing the finish line. The group at the end who will be waiting for me is amazing to consider-at the end of 26.2 miles, a contingency of friends will be there to tell me "you made it 2/3 of the way to the end!"

I'm nervous and excited all at once. I've been working this week, trying to get my bedroom cleaned up/organized enough to get rid of my desk (no more home office!), and avoiding the assigned 2 mile walks. On the other hand, I just cartwheeled a 72 pound box up the front steps. Oh, and the kid I worked with today and I had a race, and I only lost to him by 3 seconds ( in flip flops, not that I could have run faster).

So tonight will be a nice pasta dinner with Mom and Char and Anne. Mom is going to stay over and drive me over to Fort Mason in the morning ( way to go mom-5:30/6:00 arrival time!). Gotta remember to cut the toenails and pack the extra pair of shoes.

I love you guys. Keep me in your thoughts this weekend-I'm going to finish the first day in under 8.5 hours! That's the goal, and I'm sticking with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment