Friday, March 19, 2010

Bigger challenges

Thanks for visiting my Avon Walk blog. I’ve committed to participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. It’s a big commitment, one that will require me to spend the next several months training and fundraising. But breast cancer is a big disease, one that still affects far too many people, and I’m determined to do everything I can to help put an end to it. The money I raise will be managed and disbursed by the Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade to help provide access to care for those that most need it, fund educational programs, and accelerate research into new treatments and potential cures. I’ll be just one of thousands of people that will walk up to a marathon and a half over a weekend, raising awareness of the cause and educating even more people.

I can’t do it without your help. Though I’m required to raise at least $1,800 in donation, I plan to raise much more!

I hope that I can count on your support.
You can make a donation to my fundraising campaign by clicking the link at the bottom of this post. On the website click on the pink "Donate Now" button. If you prefer to write a check, just contact me and I'll send you the information and form.

As I prepare for this exciting event, I plan to update this page frequently so that all my supporters can follow my progress, so please visit often. For more information about the Avon foundation and where the money goes, you can follow the bottom link to the Avon website.

Thank you in advance.

Kristina

http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR/Walk/SanFrancisco?px=5438881&pg=personal&fr_id=1950

No comments:

Post a Comment