Friday, May 7, 2010

13 miles

It's 11:24 pm, Friday evening.

I am sleepy and watching The Whitest Kids You Know sketch show.

Chloe the cat is on my chest, curled up and purring.

I'm excited for the long walk tomorrow. This time, I'm going to eat breakfast before I go. Any suggestions for handling finger bloating? I'm still trying to figure out the right ratio of food to miles-13 miles is about 4-4.5 hours, so how many calories do I need to consume?

Any ideas, I'll take 'em.

Catch you on the flipside.

3 comments:

  1. resource on bloating: http://www.wellsphere.com/healthy-living-article/hyponetremia-the-dangers-of-overhydration/506544

    maybe suggest electolytes: Recharge, an all-natural electrolyte replacement drink available at Whole Foods and most health food stores.

    If you walk a 19 min/mile for 4 hours, thats 1100 calories burned (sparkpeople.com).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend Nuun as an electrolyte replacement drink. It isn't sugary, so you can drink it for hydration and then eat whatever combo of food works for you. It comes in tablet form, so you can carry enough for a whole day in a pocket--just add water. Both Sports Basement and REI carry Nuun in many flavors.

    Mer

    ReplyDelete