Monday, May 24, 2010

6 mile Sunday

After that LOOOONG walk on Saturday, what did I do Sunday? Took another walk, of course!

Things to be glad of: No rain during the walk. Good company. Bitingly cold wind kept us from overheating.

Things to keep an eye out for: Dog poo on the grass in Golden Gate Park (seriously people, do we have to remind you that the park is not a giant doggie poo depository?).

Things to work on: Stretching out them hamstrings. At my massage yesterday, the feedback I got was "for goodness sake, keep stretching!".

Next Goal: Get in the 30 minute walk on Monday (hard to do-work just exploded again). Get in at least a little walk on Tuesday. I managed to sell all of my Giant's tickets-thanks to those who purchased them. The game on Wednesday is grossing me almost $70 toward my fundraising goal.

There are 47 days remaining to meet my fundraising goal. It's incredible that so many people have helped me to get this far into fundraising-only $700 left to meet the minimum! I need to make the minimum to participate in the walk itself. Thanks to all of the generous donors who have contributed time, advice, happy thoughts, or finances. I am touched by the love and support from my friends and family.

If you haven't had a chance to donate yet, it's not too late!
www.avonwalk.org
Click on "donate now" and put in my first and last name.

No comments:

Post a Comment