Saturday, June 4, 2011

Rain? June?

In case you hadn't noticed, it's raining outside. RAINING. In June.

If I lived in a place like Indiana where summer thundershowers were a regular thing. Or south of the equator, where winter is about to start. That would feel normal, perhaps refreshing.

Rain in June. Amazing.

And I'm just waiting for a break in the weather to go out for Week 4, Run 3.

For all my concern early on, this week was not as hard as I thought it would be. The 5 minutes of jogging feels right. Breathing is the activity requiring the most attention. I breathe heavy but not hard at the end. Stretching is the other area I would like to be more consistent with. I stretch at the end, though not necessarily at the beginning. These will come with practice. Or just doing it. (I always thought that Nike like was crap until I figured it out. Darn those advertising people for getting something right!)

Another realization-this week was the start of more jogging then walking. 16 minutes of jogging in each workout to be precise. So from here on out, these are no longer walk/jogs. They're jog/walks.

Until the rain breaks, or slows for a while, I will go make some breakfast (lemon buttermilk scones anyone?) and drink some water. I have a book I'm in the middle of, and intend to finish today. I love sitting in my chair by the window with tea and scones and a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment