Monday, June 14, 2010

I miss you!

But that doesn't stop time from passing.

Participated in the Relay For Life last weekend-another great organization that raises money for breast cancer research. My best friend Kacey's mother runs a team annually (go Marlene!). Marlene is a survivor, and one of the most dedicated survivors I know. Her fundraising team came in 5th this year. Particularly amazing given the top 4 all had corporate sponsors-Marlene's Maverick's came from friends and family.

Which brings me to my latest thought. The thing I was most worried about at the start of this event was the fundraising commitment. $1800 is a lot of money. Through private donations, that is friends and family who have been generous beyond my expectations, I have raised over $2000. This is an enormous sum-more then some families live off of in a single month.

Thank you again for all your support and love.

Last weekend was 10 and 5 miles. Next weekend is 22 and 10. Anyone want to take a few miles and keep me company?

Also, if you want to be at the finish line on Saturday, July 10 email me. A friend is organizing a cheering squad for the finish line that day. Or Sunday July 11-I'll need some happy smiley faces then, too. And I will accept champagne and massages.

No comments:

Post a Comment